Canyon Mesa provides the perfect recreational complement to the beautiful red rocks of Sedona. It’s a nine-hole executive gem that caters to every type of golfer. Tucked quaintly away in a corner of the Village of Oak Creek just 8 miles south of Sedona on Hwy. 179, Canyon Mesa is ideal for novices and yet challenging enough for the more experienced. Due to its short length — it averages just 140 yards a hole from the white tees — Canyon Mesa is perfect for those just learning the game. But its narrowness and difficult greens makes it challenging for long-time golfers working on “target golf”. Canyon Mesa is also the best public golf value in Sedona.
Canyon Mesa Country Club caters to these golfers
- seniors: who don’t hit the ball as far as they used to love our shorter course
- women & couples: like the compactness of Canyon Mesa without the standard long holes,
- families: where one or more might be “learners” intimidated by a championship course
- golfers on a budget: players who like to spend $25 on 18 holes, not $100+
- serious golfers: who want to work on their “short game”
- time limited: golfers who don’t have 4 to 6 hours to play can finish 9 holes in 1 1/2 hours or less and 18 holes less than 3 hours